On Wednesday, January 5th Ontario will return to a modified version of Step 2 under the re-opening RoadMap protocols implemented last year. This includes the following public health measures:
- Employees must work remotely unless the work being done requires them to be onsite;
- School re-opening will be delayed until January 5th and will continue with virtual learning until at least January 17th;
- Social gatherings will be limited to 5 people indoors, 10 outdoors;
- Indoor dining, bars etc. must close – takeout, drive-thru and delivery permitted;
- All retail locations will reduce to 50% capacity, including shopping malls;
- Complete closure of all indoor facilities including gyms, saunas, museums, theatres, concert halls;
- Outdoor facilities may remain open with restrictions;
- Personal care services may remain open at 50% capacity.
We expect that the government will continue tinkering with the daily COVID screening survey. We will review any changes this week, and update the tool in HRLive accordingly.
We will continue to keep you updated on any new developments, however, please feel free to contact us anytime if you need assistance interpreting these or any other HR issues in your workplace (email@example.com | 705-400-7145).
Wishing all of our clients a very safe and healthy 2022.